skip to content

Institutions which offer federal loans are required by the US government to disclose consumer information - please contact us if you require futher details.


Finance Information

Information to help with searching for funding for your course can be found in FundingOn these pages you can also find information on funding opportunities, scholarships and bursaries, student loans and fees for current students administered by the Student Registry's Fees and Graduate Funding team.

Information relating to Federal Direct Loans and Private Loans is on the US Loans website.

Fee Information

Links to information for prospective students on estimated costs (university fee, college fee and maintenance) and also University fees for current students can be found in the Payment of Fees section.


Information and advice on Disability

The Disability Resource Centre (DRC) provides advice and guidance for prospective and current disabled students. Disability related costs can be included in the cost of attendance when applying for federal or private loans.


Entrance requirements, changing department (postgraduates), course (undergraduates) & affiliate students information

Refer to the following links for information on entrance/entry requirements:

Entrance requirements | Undergraduate Study (

Entry Requirements | Postgraduate Admissions (

Mature student applications | Undergraduate Study (

Refer to the following links for information on changing department (postgraduates), course (undergraduates) and affiliate students information:

Changing department/faculty (postgraduates): Changing your department/faculty | Cambridge students

Changing course (undergraduates): About our courses | Undergraduate Study (

Due to the scope and flexibility of the courses at the University of Cambridge, most students stay on the same degree course. However, it’s possible to change course after one or two years.

Affiliate students: Second undergraduate degrees | Undergraduate Study (

Applicants for a second undergraduate degree may apply for the full course or as an affiliate student. Affiliate students take the course in a year less than usual.

If you are in receipt of US Direct Loans you cannot change your College during a term for which you are in receipt of your loans.


Textbook information

Information concerning textbooks and any supplemental materials required will be supplied by your department.


Copyright infringement Polices and Sanctions (including computer use and file sharing)

Unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material, including unauthorised peer-to-peer file sharing, may subject you to civil and criminal liabilities.

Our Legal Services office provide information on copyright complianceCopyright protects a wide range of original materials, including literary, artistic, musical and dramatic works, broadcasts and film. The University of Cambridge is a major holder and user of copyright works and operates within the legal and regulatory environment governing copyright establised by international treaties and conventions, statute and case law, and custom and practice.

UK legislation: includes information on copyright: Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988

Research Best Practice

Use and Misuse of Computing Facilities


Refund Policy, withdrawing and return of Title IV financial aid Policy

For information about withdrawing and the University's refund policy (see Timing of withdrawal), please refer to Withdrawing from the University. Students with Direct Loans also need to refer to Withdrawing and Return to Title IV Policy.


Loan information

Further information: Including a student's rights and responsibilities whilst repaying Direct Loans can be found on the US Department of Education website.

National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS): NSLDS is the U.S. Department of Education's central database for student aid. If you take a Title IV, HEA loan, it will be submitted to NSLDS and will be accessible by servicers and schools determined to be authorized users of the data system. We are required by US regulations to regularly confirm/update NSLDS with your enrolment status.

Information on the Basic Eligibility Criteria to qualify for US federal student aid can be found at Eligibility Requirements | Federal Student Aid. This information includes the requirement of having a high school diploma or recognized equivalent such as General Education Development (GED) certificate.

Entrance Counselling for Student Loan Borrowers: This explains the obligations you agree to meet as a condition of receiving a Direct Loan. We ask all students taking out a Direct Loan to complete entrance counselling at

Exit Counselling for Student Loan Borrowers:Students who have received subsidized, unsubsidized or PLUS loan(s) under the Direct Loan Program or the previous FFEL Program must complete exit counselling before they graduate, drop below half-time attendance, or withdraw. We ask all students required to complete exit counselling to do this at

Mature Student Applications: the application process for mature students is the same as that for standard-age students. Please refer to Mature student applications | Undergraduate Study ( for further information.

Courses not eligible for Direct loans: Some courses such as Clinical Medicine, Veterinary Medicine/Science, Diploma, Certificate, EMBA and MAC (Master of Accounting) are not eligible for Direct Loans. If you are based in the US part-time MSt courses will also not be eligible for Direct Loans. If you are studying any of these courses and require a loan a Private Loan may be an option. 

Private Loans: A statement relating to checking interest rates, comparing terms and conditions and thoroughly investigating the possibility of taking out federal loan(s) before applying for a private loan is on our US Loans website

Private Loan Self-Certification Form: A link to a Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification form is available on the 'Private Loans' page of our US Loans website.

Code of Conduct for Education Loans: Conduct in relation to US loans prohibits a conflict of interest with the responsibilities of an agent of the school with respect to the previous FFEL Program or private education loans. All agents with responsibility for loans are informed annually of the provisions of the code which prohibits:

  • Revenue-sharing arrangements with any lender
  • Receiving gifts from a lender, a guarantor, or a loan services
  • Contracting arrangement providing financial benefit from any lender or affiliate of a lender
  • Directing borrowers to particular lenders, or refusing or delaying loan certifications
  • Offers of funds for private loans
  • Call centre or financial aid office staffing assistance
  • Advisory board compensations

Sallie Mae is an organization experienced in lending to and dealing with US students studying outside the US. It is also the only lender we are aware of that will lend funds for private loans to US students studying outside the US. We therefore do not have a preferred lender list.



The University's Advisory Group on Communicable Diseases has produced advice for newly-arriving university students on vaccine-preventable infections as well as a checklist for vaccinations. Links to this information can be found on the Student Wellbeing page relating to Vaccinations.   


Missing Student Notification

Please contact your college concerning procedures they have in place in relation to missing students.


Gainful Employment Disclosures

The University of Cambridge is approved only to provide federal lending for students on a degree programme. There are therefore no Gainful Emplyment Discosures to report.


1098T Forms

The University of Cambridge does not currently complete 1098T tax forms for its students.