skip to content

Payment of Fees

Fees (both University and College fees) are paid to a student's College, rather than the University centrally. If you have any queries about payment options and timeframes, please contact your College Accounts office:

University Tuition Fee Status

All English universities are required to follow Government regulations when assessing a student’s fee status prior to the start of their degree coursee. For more information about fee status assessments, including the review and appeal process for offer holders and current students (undergraduate and postgraduate), please visit the Fee Status web pages.

Undergraduate Fees

Information for prospective students, including estimates of living costs, is available on the Undergraduate Admissions website, and is updated annually to reflect costs in the next academic year.

University fees for current students are published on the Planning and Resource Allocation Office website.

Information about other undergraduate student costs is usually provided on College websites or from College Tutorial Offices. This includes information relating to the Student Loan Company (SLC), the Cambridge Bursary Scheme, and studying for a second degree.

Note that for students eligible to receive public support for fees, fees are charged in line with SLC payments in installments of 25%:25%:50% respectively per term.

Postgraduate Fees

Information for prospective students on estimated costs (University Composition Fee and maintenance) can be found on the Postgraduate Admissions Finance web page.

The University Composition Fee for current students is published on the Planning and Resource Allocation Office website.

  • Staff Fee

Information on Staff fees for current students is available on the Staff Fee page.​

  • Exemption from Fees (PhD and EdD having completed the required number of terms)

For more information visit the pages on Exemption from the University Composition Fee.