skip to content

Cambridge students


The Cambridge Student Union provides advice, information, resources, and support on all matters of student life, from access through education to welfare. You will find your union representatives approachable and always ready to help.

In addition, your College will have its own student union or unions – the JCR (Junior Common Room) for undergraduates and the MCR (Middle Common Room) for graduates. In some Colleges there is a combined JCR and MCR. Like CUSU and the GU, JCR and MCR officers are elected by the student body.