skip to content

You need to formally apply to the University if you would like your wife, husband, partner and/or children to join you here in Cambridge. 

You will need to demonstrate that the person(s) joining you can financially support themselves or can be supported by another party. If they are being supported by private means, you will need to calculate how much needs to be provided, and submit a Financial Undertaking Form. Guidance on calculating maintenance costs for dependents can be found on the Postgraduate Admissions pages.

You may find if useful to contact the University's Childcare Office if you are arranging for your children to join you in Cambridge. For further information, please see the Childcare Office's page on childcare for children of University staff and students.

Application forms for person(s) to join you in Cambridge are available from your self-service account. Information can be found on the 'Applying for a Change in Your Student Status' page. 

For further information please contact Student Registry (

For students on a student visa, there is information on the ‘International Students’ webpages about applying for a dependant visa. For visa queries, contact the International Student Office.