skip to content

Academic Transcripts

Before making a purchase, check your unofficial transcript to see if marks are available for your course by logging on to CamSIS Extended Self-Service.

Please be advised that Tripos (undergraduate) paper marks have only been collected for transcripts since 2003, and there are gaps in some subjects. If your transcript does not contain the individual paper marks it will still contain the paper titles and the overall class obtained for each Part.

Marks for other examinations, where available, have been attached to records after this date. For example, marks for MPhil exams have only been collected since 2006.


Ordering Transcripts

Paper copies of academic transcripts

Please allow up to 28 working days for dispatch.

Paper transcripts are priced at £25 for the first copy, then £10 for each additional copy within the same order. They are identical to the online transcript and are available to order as follows;

DHL Delivery Service

There is also an option for a DHL delivery service at an additional cost of £15.00 per address. This service is strongly recommended to ensure safe delivery. The University does not accept responsibility for items lost in transit.

This is available to purchase on the Online Store as a separate item which you can add to your basket. Where multiple deliveries are required, the £15.00 is payable for each different address.


Digital Copies of Academic Transcripts

The University of Cambridge now issues official University transcripts online through a secure electronic document system called Digitary CORE.

Current students can access Digitary by logging into CamSIS Self-Service and clicking on ‘Transcripts’ on the main page.

There is a one-off charge of £25 for lifetime access to and unlimited use of Digitary.

This service will allow current and former students to access their own academic verification document online which they can then share directly with a third party securely through Digitary, thereby providing a faster more efficient service. Documents are digitally signed to make them legally valid and tamper-evident.

We are unable to provide bespoke transcripts and letters, students should approach their College or Department if they require such documentation.

Former students can register to use an extended version of Self-Service (ESS). After you have registered you can log in and access Digitary by clicking on ‘Transcripts’ on the main page.

Please note, Extended Self-Service and Digitary are only available to students who matriculated in 1980 or later; if you matriculated before this time you will not be able to register for Extended Self Service or access a digital transcript. Please purchase a paper copy instead.

The University no longer provide academic verifications to third parties, organisations must contact students directly.

Frequently Asked Questions

I completed more than one course at the University, do I need to purchase multiple transcripts?

No, your transcript contains your entire academic record with the University. Therefore if you have completed multiple courses they will be listed in chronological order on your transcript.

Can I add/change/remove information from my transcript?

No, your transcript is produced automatically by pulling all of the relevant information from your student record and formatting it accordingly. Therefore there is no way to change or amend it. However you may be able to have your department or your College provide you with an unofficial supplementary transcript if you require extra information. Please contact your departmental or College administrator for information.

What if I forgot/don’t know my CRSid or USN?

You will need to contact the Student Registry, giving your full name, date of birth, College and matriculation term, by emailing to confirm your details.

What is my matriculation term?

This is your registration term, the term you first started as a student at the University.

How can I subscribe to Digitary?

Access is via CamSIS Self-Service for current students or students who left in the summer of 2013 or later.  Students who left earlier than summer 2013 can access Digitary via a separate CamSIS Extended Self Service login.

I cannot view my transcript in Digitary. What should I do?

Before you try to sign in to Digitary, please make sure that your browser has popups enabled for website

How does the sharing of my transcript work in Digitary?

Document sharing works by generating a secure and unique URL to the Digitary site. You can control the level of access associated with the URL and you can choose how the URL is delivered to the person you wish to share your document with. Further information on how to use Digitary is available, including a Help Guide with screen shots under the ‘For Students’ tab.

If you have any further queries please contact:

Student Registry, University of Cambridge, 4 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1RZ.

Tel: +44 (0)1223 766302