skip to content

You must have settled or pre-settled status granted by the Home Office and have lived in the EU or UK for 3 years to be eligible for the Cambridge Bursary. You can only apply for settled or pre-settled status if you resided in the UK before 31 December 2020.

Check your residency status with the Home Office

New EU students

You need to apply specifically for a tuition fee loan through UK Student Finance. Apart from that, the process is the same as for UK students.

You may also be eligible for a maintenance loan. Contact your regional Student Finance body to ask about residency status and entitlement to student support.

Continuing EU students

If you started your course in 2020 or earlier, you are eligible for the Cambridge Bursary Scheme for the rest of your course. You must:

  • apply for settled or pre-settled status to keep the right to live in the UK
  • renew your tuition fee loan application every year

You do not need to complete the income assessment again. Some EU students may have their loan eligibility automatically renewed by Student Finance. If this happens you will only be sent a short declaration to sign and return.

Change in household income

EU students can apply to be assessed on the most recent complete tax year. Contact the Cambridge Bursary Administrator to start the reassessment process if the following apply:

  • there is a more recent tax year you could be assessed than the one your original assessment was based on for your tuition fee loan application
  • you can show your household income has dropped by more than 15% since your original assessment

International students

For funding options for overseas students, including EU students without settled or pre-settled status visit the finance section of the International Students website. EU students can also contact Cambridge Trust.