skip to content

Changing Your Course Registration

You can apply to change your course registration within the same faculty or department in certain circumstances. If you wish to change to a course in a different department, you will need to apply for a change of department.

How to apply

You can apply to change your course registration via your CamSIS self-service. Information on how to do this is available on the ‘Applying for a change in your student status’ page.

Once submitted, your application will be considered by your supervisor, department, College and Degree Committee before arriving at the Student Registry for the final decision.

Financial Undertaking Form

When applying to change your course registration, you will need to complete a Financial Undertaking Form to show that you have sufficient funding for any additional costs that may arise from the change. You must attach the completed form to the online application form.

If you are funded by a funding body or other party, you will also need to attach evidence of their commitment to fund your proposed change in course.

Students studying on a Tier 4 visa

If you are studying on a Tier 4 visa, a change in course registration may result in visa implications. You should to contact the International Student Office to discuss your plans prior to making an application to change your course registration:

Students who require ATAS (Academic Approval Technology Scheme) clearance

If you are a non-EEA national studying in the UK on any time-limited visa and your new course requires ATAS clearance, you will need to have obtained a new ATAS clearance certificate prior to the change in course registration being approved and before starting your new course.

Contact the International Student Office who can help you start this process and answer any questions regarding ATAS clearance:


If you have any questions about applying for a change of course registration, please write to the Student Registry at