skip to content

As a Collegiate University, there is a lot of support available to students. The individual Colleges are responsible for your tutorial (pastoral) support. Colleges normally have a network of individuals, e.g. Tutors, nurses, chaplains, and counsellors, who can provide support to students. Further information is available on the College Pastoral Support webpages.

In addition to the support offered by the Colleges, there is also support available from the University. The University Counselling Service (UCS) provides free individual and group counselling sessions and workshops for undergraduate and postgraduate students. On the UCS website, you can find links to helpful resources for academic study and the UCS’s own self-help guidance on coping with exams.

The Disability Resource Centre (DRC) had advisors who can assist students with disabilities who may require additional support with study or exam arrangements.

The Students’ Unions Advice Service offers free, confidential and impartial support to all students at the University. The SU Advisors can assist by discussing your concerns with you, exploring what steps you might take, representing you at the University or College level and/or signposting you towards other sources of available support.

Study support available

Study support available to the student varies depending on a number of factors, including the course that the student is studying. More specific guidance can be given by your DoS, but some general sites that might be of use to students include the following: